First 6 Months Hottest Ever in West Michigan
Yep, it’s been hot – really hot – hottest ever!
The first six months of 2012 were the warmest on record in Michigan United States, according to to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
In Michigan, temperatures were 6.2 degrees above average, which is the highest since 1921.
Some other Michigan tidbits.
• Detroit, which averaged 50.2 degrees during the six-month period, was the warmest it’s been in 54 years.
• Grand Rapids, which averaged 49.2 degrees, was the warmest it’s been in 49 years.
• Muskegon, which averaged 48.8 degrees, was the warmest it’s been in 113 years! – Wow!
• Sault Ste Marie, which averaged 40.7 degrees, was the warmest its been in 82 years.
• Charlevoix, which is where I went to high school topped five heat records — all at least 87-years-old!
How hot will July get – We’ll find out soon. Hopefully cooler, I’m over the heat!