Grand Rapids No Longer a Dying City
Take it back Newsweek - Grand Rapids is back - well it never really was gone. Just think of all the stuff and awards we've gotten over the last few years since that article.
- RelocateAmerica placed Grand Rapids No. 2 on its list of Top 10 Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- Forbes’ list of Best Cities For Raising Families.
- Guinness world record - Grand Rapids Original Swing Society, which finally received official recognition as the planet’s largest swing group when it hosted the largest swing dance in history.
- Zane Lamprey pegged the city at No. 22 on his list of Top 25 Best Beer Cities in the World.
- Grand Rapids also was recently ranked as the eighth best economic comeback city in the U.S. by a Metro Monitor report from the nonprofit Brookings Institution.
- grbj.com reported that popular broadcast journalist Bill Moyers placed Grand Rapids on his national list of Cities Leading the Way in Sustainability.
- Forbes published a list of The Happiest and Unhappiest Cities To Work In, Grand Rapids was ranked as the country’s seventh happiest city in which to work.
Not bad I would say for a dying city, what you think? Check out more from Grand Rapids Business Journal, who compiled this fine list!