Labor Day Events in West Michigan
The unofficial end of summer brings with it opportunities to get out and have fun.
See Labor Day weekend events coming to West Michigan!
If you're up for a road trip you can join thousands at the 58th annual Mackinac Bridge Walk. There is no cost to walk. The walk begins in St. Ignace and ends in Mackinaw City. A $5 bus is available to get a ride from Mackinaw City to St. Ignace. The walk starts at 7:00AM and all walkers must be finished by 11:00AM.
The West Michigan Tourist Association shares some of Labor Day weekend's big events in West Michigan! All events are on Monday, September 7, unless otherwise noted.
- Labor Day Community Bridge Walk. The walk starts at 9:00AM and goes until 5:00PM. This 3.5 mile walk starts at the north side of the 3rd Street Bridge and ends at Chinook Pier.
- LaborFest: 11:00AM - 5:00PM at Ah-Nab-Awen Park and the Ford Presidential Museum. Live music, food, free admission to the museum, kids activities, car/motorcycle show and more.
- Grand Crossing Labor Day Bridge Walk. Walk starts at 8:00AM at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, near Pearl St. and Front Ave. The walk covers multiple bridges and goes for five miles. It is wheelchair accessible.
- Annual Labor Day BoardWALK. The walk begins at Heinz Waterfront Walkway and continues along the Kollen Park Boardwalk and Window on the Waterfront. The walk ends at Windmill Island Gardens. Transportation will be provided to transport walkers back to Heinz Waterfront Walkway. Continental Breakfast will be served at Windmill Island Gardens.
- 47th Annual Labor Day Arts & Crafts Festival. This one-day show will bring over 100 juried artists to Hemlock park along Riverwalk and the Muskegon River. The festival draws over 3,000 visitors and features wheel thrown pottery, hand woven baskets, stained glass, oak furniture, paintings, jewelry, weathervanes, lawn ornaments, and more.
- The Muskegon Lions Club will host their annual Labor Day Pancake breakfast at the Margaret Drake Elliott Park from 8:00AM to noon. Adults 12 and up are $6.00, ages 3 to 11 are $3, and under 3 are free.
- Annual Logging Festival over Labor Day weekend. New this year is the Mid Michigan Professional Lumberjack Competition. The festival also has handmade crafts and used items with an emphasis on unique home decorations, garden and yard decor, jewelry, clothing, personalized gifts, ornaments, antiques and collectibles.
- 17th Annual Labor Day Bridge Walk and Pancake Breakfast. 0.19k starts at 9:00AM on the Douglas side of the Blue Star Bridge and proceeds to the Saugatuck side.
- 31st Annual Ox Roast and Homecoming Festival at Village Park. There will be various booths including food vendors, Lawrence Lions Club Bingo Tent, Lions Club Beer Tent, The Knightwinds Renaissance Group exhibition, and music performances at the Pavilion.
- 9th Annual Labor Day Community Walk on at 10:00AM. The Labor Day Community Walk will take place on the Hart – Montague Bike Trail and will begin at the east end of Spring Street located behind Whitehall Products and Montague Foods in Montague.