Look Who Made The Top 20 “Most Sober” School List?
I'll give you a hint: It's NOT CMU! The annual list of top party and most sober colleges been released, just in time for class to start in a couple of weeks. AND a West Michigan institution of higher learning has made the list!
In the interest of fairness, lets start with the top party schools. The AP story from the Princeton Review "List of the Top 20 party, sober schools in the US" highlights the rowdiest colleges.
TOP 20 PARTY SCHOOLS
1. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
2. University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown W. Va.
5. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
6. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
7. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
8. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
9. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
10. Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
4 Big Ten schools and 5 total from the Midwest. Impressive. Not sure how Central or Western didn't make the list. End of the World parties in Mt. Pleasant were legendary back in the day. Now the soberest schools.
TOP 20 SOBER SCHOOLS
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
4. Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
5. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
6. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
7. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
8. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
9. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
10. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
Hey look at that...Calvin is on the list! Representing West Michigan! I guess it could be worse. Going to college is serious stuff and shouldn't be taken lightly.
I can barely keep a straight face right now...:)