Memorial Day In West Michigan
Plenty of events are scheduled to mark Memorial Day around West Michigan.
From the ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park in Grand Rapids to the parade in Jenison, here’s a good list of the festivities.
Remember the reason you have the day off and are able to celebrate with friends and family. Hundreds of thousands of Americans lost their lives defending the freedoms we can easily take for granted.
The Grand Rapids Memorial Day parade is on Friday, May 30.
All other parades listed are TODAY.
If you know of a parade we missed, please share in the comments.
- Caledonia – ceremony at noon
- Grand Rapids – Friday, May 30 at 7:30pm – 9:00pm, ceremony at Veteran’s Memorial Park, plus parade.
- Holland – 9:30am – view route here
- Jenison – 9:00am – Travels along Baldwin Street from 20th Avenue to Cottonwood Drive.
- Lowell – 10:00am – Travels along Main Street, turns north on Washington Street, ends at Oakwood Cemetery.
- Rockford – 10:00am – Ash Street to Walnut Street to Main Street to Bridge Street to Mechanic Street to Cedar Street to Maple Street to Elmwood Cemetery.
- Walker – Between Lincoln Lawns & St. Clair, on Lake Michigan Drive.
- Zeeland – 9:00am – Starts on Main Avenue at Centennial Street, heads west to State Street, south to Central Avenue, then east on Central Avenue to Maple Street.