Memorial Day Weekend Lane And Road Closures In Michigan – 2013
Memorial Day weekend provides a great opportunity to travel and spend some time away from home…but getting there can be a challenge.
Many road constructions projects are opening up lanes or being put on hold this weekend, but not all.
On Friday at 3:00pm, traffic restrictions will be removed on 83 of 130 Michigan Department of Transportation projects.
Good news, but still a lot to be aware of as you travel this weekend.
Michigan.gov lists all of the MDOT construction projects in West Michigan for Memorial Day weekend:
– I-96 in Crockery Township, Ottawa County, has one lane open in each direction with a traffic shift. Ramp closures include:
– The eastbound M-104 ramp to eastbound I-96,
– The westbound I-96 exit ramp to M-104 in Nunica, and
– The eastbound I-96 exit ramp to Cleveland Street (Nunica exit).
– I-96, Ionia County, has traffic shifts in each direction over the Portland Trail with two lanes open in each direction.
– I-196 in Grand Rapids, Kent County, has one lane open on eastbound I-196 over the Grand River near Market Avenue, and all lanes open on westbound I-196. The Market Avenue ramp to eastbound I-196 is closed.
– M-11 (28th Street) in Kentwood/Cascade Township, Kent County, has one lane open in each direction with traffic shifted between Patterson Avenue and I-96.
– US-131 in Grand Rapids, Kent County, has two northbound lanes open from I-196 to Ann Street, and all southbound lanes open. The eastbound I-196 ramp to northbound US-131 is closed, as well as the Leonard Street/Scribner Avenue ramp to northbound US-131.