West Michigan Family Guide To Christmas Break Fun – 2012/2013
Christmas break is only about two weeks long, but two weeks can be a long time if the kids get restless.
We have the solution to beating Christmas Break boredom. It’s our West Michigan Family Guide to Christmas Break 2012/2013!
New Christmas presents are fun until the batteries wear out, the activity books are used up, and the movies have been seen 3+ times.
Check out our list of a few fun things to do over Christmas break 2012/2013! Have a safe and fun Christmas break with your family!
A few popular spots scattered around town include:
- East side = Ada Vista Elementary. Near Fulton and Ada Drive at 7192 Bradfield.
- North side = Pando Winter Sports Park in Rockford.
- South side = Zion Christian School at Byron Center and 76th in Byron Center.
- West side = Richmond Park. Just west of Alpine on Richmond.
BLANDFORD NATURE CENTER
- January 2 = “Winter Survival” for ages 8 – 12. Kids will learn survival techniques such as fire building, proper dress, and shelter building. 9:00am – 1:00pm. Learn more.
- January 3 = “Owl Moon” for ages newborn – 7. Hear a story then enjoy a guided hike to talk about owls. 6:00pm – 7:30pm. Learn more.
FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS
- “Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World”. 300,000 lights, carriage rides, carolers, and more. Through January 6. Learn more.
GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC MUSEUM
- “Snowflake Break!” Crafts, games, cocoa, and a special planetarium show! Through January 6. Learn more.
This are just a few ideas to get you started. Please let us know about YOUR favorite places for family fun in West Michigan during Christmas break