ArtPrize Spotlight 2012 – Weekend Highlights For September 28 – September 30
September 28 to September 30 will be the biggest and busiest weekend of ArtPrize.
There will be a rush of people trying to get one last look at entries before first round voting ends at 11:59pm on Saturday, September 29. Then we'll have a rush of people to see the Top 10 after it is announced on Sunday.
It's going to be busy and it's going to be fun! Let's look at the highlights of the second weekend of ArtPrize 2012.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
- "Art Fitness" at UICA, 4:00pm - 5:30pm. Learn how to view and criticize contemporary art. Experienced trainers will lead a tour and discussion at UICA. Cost $20. Learn more.
- "Lights in the Night". Thousands of sky lanterns launched into the air from Gillette Bridge, Bridge Street Bridge, and Ah-Nab-Awen Park. Launch is expected to take place between 7:45pm and 8:00pm. Volunteers to help launch should arrive at 7:00pm. This event was scheduled for last weekend, but moved due to weather.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
- 'Good Morning America' broadcasts from ArtPrize.
- ArtPrize Lot Party: kids activities, picnic, zumba, and more at First United Methodist Church from 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Kids' ArtFest: music, dance, games, and many more kids activities at Veteran's Park and Sheldon Street in front of the Grand Rapids Children's Museum from Noon - 5:00pm.
- Critics discuss their views of the Top Ten at The HUB, 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
Get out and enjoy ArtPrize this weekend!