Bars & Restaurants Make a Commitment to Protect Public Health
A group of restaurant and bar owners here in Michigan signed a commitment to help ensure the health and safety of their employees, customers and the community.
About 104 restaurants and 22 local and statewide business groups signed on to the Michigan Restaurant Promise. With this promise restaurant and bar owners commit to upholding the state of Michigan and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention safety guidelines at their establishments to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The website set up for the Michigan Restaurant Promise states: "As restaurant owners and managers, we feel a sense of responsibility for the health and well-being of our employees, our guests, and the community at large. A desire to provide hospitality -- the simple act of caring for our guests -- is why many of us joined this industry to begin with. As a group, we are committed to upholding the guidelines set forth by the State of Michigan, local Health Departments, and the CDC. In return, we ask for your commitment to carefully follow the guidelines posted in our establishments and communicated to you by our team members."
The promise includes precautions like...
- Each staff member will receive a daily wellness check, including having their temperature taken
- Staff members that interact with guests and/or work closely together will always wear clean masks
- We will space tables to allow proper social distancing
- We will meet or exceed CDC requirements for cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces
- We will be transparent with you when there is an identified positive COVID test on our team and we will meet or exceed all requirements prior to reopening
- We will limit groups to no more than 10
In return, restaurants and bars ask that you do things like...
- Stay home if you are sick or have recently come into contact with someone who is sick.
- Wear a face mask when entering the establishments and when getting up to use the restroom or to exit. You may remove your mask when seated.
- Maintain proper social distancing when visiting the establishments
- Refrain from moving or combining tables
- Order takeout if you are unwilling to wear a mask
The hope is to keep everyone healthy and safe while visiting your favorite bars and restaurants.
Visit the Michigan Restaurant Promise website to see a list of establishments that have made a commitment to the promise.