Changes At Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island
Spring is an exciting time on Mackinac Island. There has been a lot of hustle and bustle in the island’s downtown business district. Hotels and shops have all been putting the finishing touches on off-season renovations and construction projects.
Mackinac Island Tourism Executive Director Tim Hygh told MLive,
"Spring is an exciting time around Mackinac Island as we gear up and prepare to welcome guests back. For 2021, several Mackinac Island businesses have worked overtime to complete exciting updates and improve the experiences they provide, despite the challenges brought on by the pandemic. It’s going to be a great year!”
The Grand Hotel has undergone some changes. They will add a new shop to the ground floor retail corridor called Grand Kids. Additional changes include upgraded men’s and women’s boutiques featuring clothing and accessories, as well as all-new bathrooms.
The Grand Hotel will debut a new pool this year which will feature:
- A new family-friendly area complete with a zero-depth beach entry, water jet play area and water slide
- Fifteen reservable cabanas for a luxurious poolside experience that includes food and beverage service
- A new large heated whirlpool, and private adults-only pool area featuring an infinity edge with magnificent views of the Island
- Expanded seating areas including new pool furniture for the pool deck, terrace and lawn, allowing guests plenty of space to relax in comfort and style
- The expansion and availability of outdoor space for leisure and meeting guests
- Unique programming and events throughout the season, such as family-friendly dive-in movie nights