Do you Like the Changes to Michigan’s Football Helmet? [Photos/Poll]
Michigan impressed on the field with a 63 - 3 thumping of Hawaii on Saturday, but they were drawing attention even before kickoff with their new Jordan Brand uniforms.
Take a look at the changes and tell us how much you love/hate the new look of the iconic Michigan football helmet.
Any Michigan fan will tell you the new Jordan Brand partnership is a big deal. If you don't believe them, consider that the 11-year Nike/Michigan partnership is worth $127.12 million, about half cash and half apparel. There's also an option to extend the deal by four years which would bring the total value to $173.8 million.
Not too shabby, but what about those helmets?
The early reviews on the new Nike apparel has been overwhelmingly positive. New shoes, shirts, jerseys and more have been selling out quickly, but that's not all that's new. Nike brought some changes to Michigan's iconic football helmet too. The changes are subtle, but easy to spot once you compare.
Old Adidas Helmet
- Glossy finish
- Blue M with white background
- Chin straps are white
New Nike Helmet
- Matte finish
- Darker blue
- Maize wings stick out more
- Maize M with blue background
- Chin straps are blue
- Jumpman logo
- The maize M with the blue background is a major upgrade over the blue M with the white background. The white background was not a good look.
- The darker blue works with the new uniform and the blue chin strap blends well.
- The matte finish brings it all together, but the way the maize wings pop out seems a little off. Maybe it'll take a little getting used to?