Doors to Open 90 Minutes Prior to March 23rd’s Elton John Performance at Van Andel Arena
Elton John will be playing Grand Rapids' Van Andel Arena Wednesday night, and because there's no opener you're going to want to be sure to be in your seats by the 8 p.m. start time. To accommodate the thousands of people coming down to the show, the venue will be opening its doors at 6:30 p.m.
Security will be performing metal detector checks and anyone entering the building will be subject to a pat down/reasonable search prior to coming inside. While there has not been a threat of any kind, venue management is being pro-active in the wake of events in Paris and other communities.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all Van Andel Arena events.
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Cameras: no flash/professional photography
- Selfie sticks
- Recording Devices, including tablets, GoPro cameras, etc.
- Bags: Backpacks, Large Bags, Suitcases
- Tripods/ Monopods, Laser Pointers, Alcohol, Drugs, Noise Making Devices, Fireworks, Flashlights, Skateboards/ Rollerblades, Beach Balls, Cans or Bottles
- Any other items that could pose a safety hazard or restrict the enjoyment of another guest
In the event that prohibited items are revealed during a search, the guest will be permitted to return the item to their vehicle, or the item will be confiscated or disposed of properly. Van Andel Arena will not check-in or safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type.