Fifth Annual Cardboard Bobsled Derby @ Cannonsburg Ski Area
- $25 Per Team
- 6800 Cannonsburg Road, Belmont, MI United States
Labatt Blue & Cannonsburg Ski Area present the fifth annual Cardboard Bobsled Derby, Saturday, February 14, at Cannonsburg Ski & Ride Area in Cannonsburg near Belmont.
Teams will put their sleds to the test down the Cannonsburg hillside! Grab a teammate and start constructing your one of a kind cardboard bobsled!
Compete in the Cannonsburg Ski & Ride Area and WGRD Cardboard Bobsled Derby! Participants must be 21 years of age or older and each team shall consist of two members. Bobsleds can only be created from cardboard and tape; paint and wax can also be used but get creative with your design, decorations and costumes! There will be awesome prizes, Cannonsburg gift certificates, and bragging rights!
Sled Design Rules:
- Sled Materials: Cardboard, tap, paint, and wax – hardware is not permitted (i.e. wood, plastic, or metal.)
- Wax is permitted on the running surface ONLY! Tape is not allowed on the running surface – detection of tape of any other material other than wax will lead to the disqualifications of your sled and team.
- You may decorate you sled with paint, pictures, flags, etc.
- Sled MUST have the Labatt Blue logo somehow on the sled.
- Each team member must fill out and sign a liability release form in order to race,
- COSTUMES ARE GREATLY ENCOURAGED!
Registration and Start Times:
Date: February 14, 2015
Deadline for Registration: February 9, 2015
Registration Fee: $25 Per Team (Includes Hot Dog and Bag of Chips)
Registration is at 12:00pm (noon) on the hillside deck at Cannonsburg.
Judging of sleds will be at 1:00pm at the base of the Face. The sleds will be judged in two categories; artistic and construction. The combined scores will be added for the overall score. Please note: Costumes may be considered toward the score!
Sleds must be at the starting lineup by 1:45pm and in running order. No non-human form of transporting the sleds to the tops of the course is permitted. The race begins at approximately 2:00pm.
Brought to you by: