Cardboard Bobsled Derby 2019
- Cannonsburg Ski Area
- 6800 Cannonsburg Road, Belmont, MI United States
The 8th annual Cardboard Bobsled Derby is set for Saturday, March 2, at Cannonsburg Ski & Ride Area.
Teams will put their sleds to the test down the Cannonsburg hillside! Grab a teammate and start constructing your one of a kind cardboard bobsled!
Team registration will be available in advance, as well as day-of. Online registration ends Friday, March 1, 2019.
Participants must be 21 years of age or older and each team shall consist of two members. Bobsleds can only be created from cardboard and tape; paint and wax can also be used, but get creative with your design, decorations and costumes! There will be fun prizes, Cannonsburg gift certificates, and bragging rights!
Sled Design Rules:
- Sled Materials: Cardboard, tape, paint, and wax – hardware is not permitted (i.e. wood, plastic, or metal.)
- Wax is permitted on the running surface ONLY! Tape is not allowed on the running surface – detection of tape of any other material other than wax will lead to the disqualifications of your sled and team.
- You may decorate your sled with paint, pictures, flags, etc. Cannonsburg, WGRD, and Pacifico beer logos must be present.
- Each team member must fill out and sign a liability release form in order to race, this will be done at time of registration day of the race.
- COSTUMES ARE GREATLY ENCOURAGED!
Registration and Start Times:
Event Date: March 2, 2019
Registration Fee: $30 per team (payment must be made online in advance. Payment link below)
Registration is at 1:00pm on the hillside deck at Cannonsburg.
Judging of sleds will be at 2:00pm at the base of the Face. The sleds will be judged in two categories; artistic and construction. The combined scores will be added for the overall score. Please note: Costumes are strongly encouraged and may be considered toward the your final score!
Sleds must be at the starting lineup by 3:00 p.m. and in running order. No non-human form of transporting the sleds to the tops of the course is permitted. The race begins at approximately 3:00pm.
Team registration will be available in advance, as well as day-of.
Questions? Please call 616-451-4800