Get Rid of Your Old Medication this Saturday
If you have any old, expired, and/or unused prescription medication sitting in your cabinet this Saturday is the day to get rid of them.
Saturday 10.27 is National Drug Take Back Day and many agencies around the country will be participating, including West Michigan. Between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. you'll be able to drop off any unwanted medication at the following locations:
- Allegan County Sheriff's Office
- East Grand Rapids Public Safety
- Grand Rapids Police Department
- Gun Lake Tribe
- Holland Department of Public Safety
- Kent County Sheriff's Department
- Kentwood Police Department
- Lowell Police Department
- Michigan State Police - Rockford Post
- Michigan State Police - Wayland Post
- Muskegon County Sheriff's Office
- Newaygo County Police Department
- Newaygo County Sheriff's Office
- Rockford Police Department
- Spectrum Health Healthier Communities
- Wyoming Police Department
- Zeeland Police Department
You can search for other participating locations here.
According to the DEA, this event is to prevent people from misusing prescription drugs therefore preventing addiction and overdoses.
This event is free and anonymous.
Liquids, needles, or sharps will NOT be accepted. Only pills and patches are allowed to be disposed of.