GR Ball Drop Info If you’re Headed Downtown To Celebrate!
Tonight's the return of the New Year's Eve Ball Drop in Downtown Grand Rapids and I'm sure you have a few questions so here's the skinny if you're coming to ring in 2020 with us!
- First, YES it's still happening even though it's snowing! We live in Michigan, it's part of the deal. There will be some heated tents to warm up, but there will also be plenty of people, so dress warm!
- Gates open at 4 p.m., with the event ending at 12:30 a.m.
- General Admission tickets are FREE and yes we will have a very limited amount of tickets still available at the front gate, but those are first-come, and once they're gone...So you'll want to get there early if you don't have tickets yet.
- You can also check our ticket stop locations, but I'd call ahead first before driving over and that location being out already.
- The party will be along Monroe Ave between Michigan St. and Lyon St. ( yes the streets will be closed in that area.) The Ball will drop just south of Michigan Street, on Monroe Ave - near the front of DeVos Place.
- Yes, there will be several porta-potties and multiple bars within the event area.
- HEADS UP Security-wise:
No bags, no weapons, no outside food and drink, and no non-service animals will be allowed in. Every person will be patted down and wanded.
Because of the street closure, The Rapid has made adjustments to a couple of bus routes, which you can find HERE. Get more of your questions answered by clicking the link below: