Grand Rapids City Pools and Splash Pads Open June 8
Though it hasn't felt much like summer yet, soon enough 80 degree days will be back on a regular basis and we'll all be looking for ways to cool down.
In GR we've got quite a few options. The Grand Rapids city pools and water playgrounds will open for the 2018 season June 8.
Grand Rapids' 3 city pools open June 8 at the following locations.
- Briggs Park (Lafayette and Knapp NE)
- Martin Luther King (Fuller and Franklin SE)
- Richmond Park (Richmond and Tamarack NW)
Martin Luther King Pool's hours are Monday and Tuesday 12p.m.-5p.m., Wednesday through Saturday 12p.m. to 7p.m., and Sunday 12p.m. to 4:30p.m.
Richmond Pool is open Monday 12p.m. to 5p.m., Tuesday through Saturday 12p.m. to 7p.m., and Sunday 12p.m. to 4:30p.m.
Briggs Pool is open Monday through Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 12:30p.m.-7:00p.m., Thursday 12:30p.m. to 5p.m., and Sunday 12p.m. to 4:30p.m.
Richmond and Martin Luther King Pool have designated lap swim hours, which you can check out here.
Admission is free for all children under 1. Grand Rapids residents ages 1-17 are $1, residents 18 and over are $2. Non residents over the age of 1 pay $4.
Aberdeen Park is Grand Rapids' newest splash pad. The grand reopening is May 25. Early access for the new splash pad kicks off at the event. All other splash pads will open June 8. Hours are 10a.m. to 9p.m. daily.
- Aberdeen Park -2230 Eastern Ave NE
- Alger Park - 921 Alger Street SE
- Campau Park - 50 Antoine Street SW
- Cherry Park - 725 Cherry Street SE
- Fuller Park - 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- Gerald R Ford Middle School - 851 Madison Avenue SE
- Heartside Park - 301 Ionia Street SW
- Highland Park - 523 Grand Avenue NE
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis Street SE
- Lincoln Park - 231 Marion Avenue NW
- Mulick Park - 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- Roosevelt Park - 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- Wilcox Park - 100 Youell Avenue SE