Grand Rapids Griffins Announce New Policies And Protocols For 2021-22 Season
The 2021-22 season opener for the Grand Rapids Griffins is this Friday, October 15th and there are some new policies in place for fans.
Van Andel Arena and the Grand Rapids Griffins have introduced several new policies and protocols for the upcoming season to put an "emphasis on cleanliness and contact-free encounters."
Vaccinations / COVID Testing / Masking Policies
- Proof of a COVID vaccination or a negative COVID test is NOT required for admission.
- Masks are not required for admission.
New Bag Policy
- Van Andel Arena has adopted a no-bag policy to reduce contact between guests and staff.
- Exceptions to no-bag policy.
- Medical bags.
- Small clutches no larger than 4.5" x 6.5".
- bags used for carrying skates during games featuring a post-game skate.
- All tickets will be delivered electronically on mobile devices.
- Learn how to use mobile ticketing here.
Merchandise / Concessions Purchases
- Cashless transactions are required for all purchases at the box office, concession stands, and gift shops.
- Mobile ordering systems are available to allow fans to order and pay for concessions with their mobile devices.
- Ionia Street Grill (located on the east side of the concourse outside of Section 108/109).
- Ottawa Street Grill (located on the west side of the concourse outside of Section 121/122).
- When your order is ready you will receive a notification that includes where to pick up your order.
- Learn how to use concessions mobile ordering here.
In addition to the new policies and protocols put in place by Van Andel Arena and the Grand Rapids Griffins, there are new sanitization efforts and a new air filtration system for the arena.