Gun Lake Casino Increases Minimum Wage, Seeks to Hire 200+ Workers
Looking for a new job or know someone who is? Gun Lake Casino is hiring - and they've increased their minimum wage.
According to a release, Effective June 1, 2021, Gun Lake Casino will pay non-tipped workers $14 per hour and tipped workers $7.40 per hour.
In addition to the increase in starting wages, Gun Lake Casino says they also offer the following benefits:
- Three weeks of paid vacation.
- Quarterly discretionary bonus incentives for all active team members; $3.5 million paid out since January 2020.
- $500 internal team member referral program.
- Free health care including dental, vision, and medical benefits.
- Free shift meals for team members.
- A 401(k) program where all employer contributions are 100% vested immediately.
- Annual tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000.
The Wayland, Mich. casino is planning a $300,000,0000 expansion, which will include a full service spa, expanded dining options, and a 250-room resort. They're looking to bring aboard approximately 200 employees.
Gun Lake Casino will be hosting 3 upcoming recruitment events to fill the positions:
- June 2 in Kalamazoo at the Four Points Hotel by Sheraton, at 3600 East Cork Street Court, 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- June 5, in Wayland at Gun Lake Casino’s Administrative parking lot, at 1123 129th Avenue, 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- June 15 in Grand Rapids at the Downtown Market, at 435 Ionia Ave SW, 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Those interested in attending should expect on the spot interviews. Gun Lake Casino says the hiring events will focus on open positions for multiple departments including, food and beverage, table games, slots, cage, operations, and security.
Interested applicants can also apply online here.