A New Christmas Market is Coming to Downtown Grand Rapids This Week
There is a new Christmas Market coming to town- and it opens this week!
Christlkindl Markt at The Grand Rapids Downtown Market
I've always meant to check out Holland's Kerstmarkt so I'm pumped GR is getting a holiday market of its own!
Christkindl Markt at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market is coming this holiday season.
The open-air Christmas Village is lined with more than 35 artisan gift and food vendors, live holiday entertainment, and festive family fun.
Inspired by traditional European Markets, it's a wonderland is filled with unique Christmas experiences illuminated with international flair! Plus you'll find the Downtown Market's more than 20 vendors inside.
According to GR Kids, the folks behind the market visited markets across Europe this past holiday season to research help make GR's market authentic.
At Grand Rapids' Christmas Market you'll find:
- Handmade gifts
- Live holiday entertainment
- Interactive artisan booths
- Curling sessions
- Traditional Christmas Market fare
- Glühwein and other hot beverages
- European-style beer hall
- Holiday lights and décor
- Santa, caroling, and other fun festivities
Performers at the market include Grand Rapids Chorus of Sweet Adelines, Blue Water Ramblers, Grand Rapids Symphony Chorus, River Rogues Jazz Band, Villancicos Navideños, Izzy Wallace, Schubert Male Chorus of Grand Rapids and more. Check out all the entertainment lined up here.
The Christlkind Markt is partnering with Brewery Vivant on a special Christmas-inspired beer for the market. It's called Dünk the Halls and tapping will happen in their German-style beverage hall at 11a.m., Friday, Nov. 17.
Guests will also be able to participate in curling. You can make your reservation for curling and for private chalet rentals here.
Specific food vendors include:
- One Stop Coney Shop, serving up brats and Belgian Fries.
- Baked Cheese Haus, serving up Alpine-style melted raclette served overtop a baguette and accompanied by hand-selected charcuterie and accoutrement.
- Crepes by the Lakes Food Truck, serving up sweet and savory crepes, including Nutella + Fruit, Turkey Havarti, and Berry Lemon.
- Bean-to-bar Zotter Chocolates
- Michigan Candy Land
- Fudging Around
- Amazing Lights Belgian Waffles
Find out more on the markets vendors here.
When is Grand Rapids Christmas Market Open?
Christkindl Markt runs opens this Friday, Nov. 17 and runs through Dec. 23, 2023.
Hours are Wednesday through Thursday 11a.m. to 7p.m, Friday 11a.m. to 9p.m., Saturday 10a.m. to 9p.m., and Sunday 10a.m. to 7p.m.
Follow Christkindl Market GR on Facebook for updates!
Christmas Tree Farms In West Michigan
Gallery Credit: Big Joe Pesh
The Perfect Gifts for a "Pure Michigan" 12 Days of Christmas
Gallery Credit: Kristen Matthews