Jeff Beck Cancels Tour After Seeking ‘Emergency Medical Attention’
Legendary guitarist Jeff Beck has been ordered by doctors to cancel the second leg of his upcoming European tour, which was due to begin tomorrow in Austria.
Citing a statement on Jeff Beck's official site, Guitar World says that Beck has been instructed to not perform for the next six weeks. Although his precise medical condition has not been disclosed, the statement says that Beck had recently sought "emergency medical attention" and will "now undertake a short hospital procedure" which necessitates the month and a half long break.
Beck fully anticipates being back on the road in time for the Aug. 8 kickoff of his American tour with ZZ Top. We anticipate that Beck's pairing with the Texas trio will prove to be a more positive experience for the musician than last year's shows with Brian Wilson, which he referred to as "a bit of a nightmare."
This past February, Beck declared that his upcoming studio project, due for release later this year, is destined to be "a very important album" for him.
“I’ve worked, worked, worked for the last three years,” he told Rolling Stone. “Now is the time really. My [70th] birthday is coming up [in June], if you get me. I thought it was time for a really, really good studio album I had control over and time to do properly instead of a budget problem. Even though I do have budget problems!”