Townsquare Media Grand Rapids currently has these openings:
IT Support Technician
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reports To: Head Engineer
This full-time position in Grand Rapids, MI serves dual functions of Information Systems (IS) and Media Production support duties. Your ‘customers’ are two groups: Administrative staff which consists of the business side of the operation (management/sales) and the creative staff who produce our on-air and online products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all Company Engineering and Information Technology practices.
- Interface with Vice President of Engineering and Director of Information Technology on a regular basis.
- Talking to customers to get details of faults, working out the reasons for a fault and explaining these to the customer.
- Logging of problems and their solutions for future reference.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitor daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of PC, servers, printers, software, LAN systems.
- Audio and Video Web streaming systems maintenance.
- Telephone and voicemail systems maintenance and updating.
- Training and helping creative staff with studio equipment and computer issues.
- After hours and weekend work as required.
- Other duties as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AA/AS degree or certification in Electronics, or equivalent electronics and/or IT training/experience. Will consider previous work experience in lieu of degree.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- A high aptitude in technology and the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly is required.
- Must have solid working knowledge of PC hardware, be familiar with Microsoft Windows (all versions), Microsoft Office, Networking concepts and computer hardware, wireless and handheld devices.
- Possess IT networking skills; knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and local area networking.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
- Candidate must be a self-starter capable of independent work, study, problem analysis and problem solving; thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Customer service orientation with attention to detail, Ability to train others
- Radio Broadcast tech support experience is desirable.
Certificates and Licenses:
SBE or computer related certification desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Qualified Applicants please E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Townsquare Media of Grand Rapids, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or stats as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Part-Time Promotions Assistant Position
Job Title: Part-Time Promotions Assistant
Reports To: Promotions Director
Job Summary: Support the Promotions Department by attending live events, station appearances, and remote broadcasts. Promote our stations through positive, face-to-face interactions with listeners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with setup, tear down, and recording broadcasts at station events
- Communicate with listeners and clients as the “face” of our stations
- Distribute prizes to event attendees
- Expand the listener database
- Inventory promotions equipment used on-location
- Provide office support as receptionist back-up
- Assist at the office where needed
- Willing to work flexible hours, especially evenings and weekends
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good driving record
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
CONTACT: If you are interested in working with our Promotions Team, please e-mail your resume to Bethany Antill at Bethany.email@example.com. Please be sure to place “Promotions Assistant Position” in the subject line. E-mails without resumes attached will not be considered.
Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement: It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their current position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
Media and Digital Sales Executive – Grand Rapids, MI
Townsquare Media Group
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
MEDIA AND DIGITAL SALES EXECUTIVE
Are you Commission driven? Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, can move at the speed of light and still have fun – Well then we want to talk to you.
- Promote and sell advertising programs which may include local radio, digital products such as display, streaming, loyalty programs, e-commerce, and digital marketing services
- Leverage our live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area
- Inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing
- Work with local and corporate marketing teams to develop campaign support materials
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
- Goal oriented and a sense of what it takes to win is essential
- Strong desire to be coached, mentored, and developed while comfortable being an individual contributor
- Comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Candidates must demonstrate passion for sales
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport
- Must be proficient at conducting needs analysis
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Broadcast/digital sales experience a plus
- Associates/Bachelor’s business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 311 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
Detailed resume’, cover letter, recent references, and salary requirements to Account Executive Position, Townsquare Media, 50 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
CONTACT: Stephanie Gonda, (616) 459-1633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Plus, Townsquare Media of Grand Rapids is always looking for good people.
CONTACT: Rick Sarata at (616) 459-1631 or Rick.Sarata@Townsquaremedia.com
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC, MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.