Michigan Man Survives Home and Ammunition Explosion
It seems like a scene from a Michael Bay film: A man stands in his kitchen, lighting the stove when suddenly it blows up, sending him flying through two walls, along with setting off a bunch of random ammunition he had in the house.
According to MLive the incident occurred in early October. DNR officer Cody Smith was on patrol in the Upper Peninsula's Baraga County when he responded to report of a structure fire. Upon arrival, Smith saw a blaze featuring multiple explosions with ammunition popping into the nearby road. He contacted the power company, EMS, and "collected firearms that survived the blast and put them in safe storage at the sheriff’s department until the owner could retrieve them."
It's reported the initial blast was caused a propane leak.
Miraculously the homeowner sustained only minor injuries.