Michiganders Are Most Scared By Carrie
For the third year in a row, Frontierbundles.com gets into the ghoulish spirit of things by surveying which state prefers which cinema psycho for the past year. With many of these villains reaching release dates of up to fifty years ago, each state’s search history proves that age is just a number.
So which horror movie villain is the most scary to Michiganders? It's Carrie played by Sissy Spacek.
The movie was released in 1976. Sissy Spacek plays Carrie White. Carrie is a shy young girl who doesn't make friends easily. After her classmates teased her about her horrified reaction to her unexpected first period, the school hunk invites her to prom but only to play pranks on her. What the classmates don't realize is that Carrie is gifted with deadly powers, and you really don't want to make her angry.
The movie was re-made in 2013 starring Chloë Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore based on the best-selling Stephen King novel.
The original Carrie movie was John Travolta's first movie appearance.
FrontierBundles.com selected fifteen popular villains from classic, pre-2000 horror movies and searched each film in Google Trends for the past twelve months.
Other notable horror movie villains included Frankenstein, Ghostface, Chucky, Alien, Norman Bates, Pennywise, Leatherface, Hannibal Lector, Jack Torrence, & Count Dracula.
Who is watching these movies? According to civicscience.com, Statistics show that horror movie fans are:
- over 30% less likely to be parents.
- 25% of fans still live with their parents.
- 40% of horror movie fans are Millennials.
- 56% of horror movie fans have never been married, or are either widowed or divorced
- 29% play video games daily
- 50% are not interested in sports
- Horror movie fans are 60% women
- 57% of horror movie fans claim to make $50K or less annually
- 48% say that they won’t be dressing up for Halloween