New Public Dog Park Opening on Grand Rapids’ West Side
Soon you'll have a new place to visit with your pup!
Grand Rapids' West Side is getting a new public dog park.
Grand Rapids' West Side Dog Park Sets Grand Opening for August 4, 2022
Downtown Westside Dog Park is at 301 Summer Ave. NW, not far from bustling Bridge St., with its many restaurants, bars, and other businesses.
There will be a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7p.m. Guests are invited to enjoy open play with their dogs, photo ops in front of the mural by Maddie Jackson, meet-and-greets with dog-friendly businesses, and caricaturists who will sketch you and your furry friend!
What to Expect at Grand Rapids' New West Side Dog Park
Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. spokesman Bill Kirk tells Wood TV 8 the new park is free to use. Westside Dog Park features seating and shade and is lighted during the evening hours. DGRI is also considering adder water resources and features at some point in the future.
Downtown Grand Rapid Inc. opened the first downtown Dog Park at 210 Market Ave. back in in 2019.
- Always clean up after your dog.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and proper tags including ID info, license and clean fecal test in past 6 months.
- Supervise your dog closely; never leave your dog unattended.
- Dogs must be under your voice control at all times.
- No dogs younger than four months allowed because of inoculation requirements.
- No more than two dogs per owner.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- If your dog becomes unruly or plays rough, please leash him/her and leave immediately.
- Fill in any hole your dog digs.
- No smoking or food in the off-leash area.
- Please remove pinch, spike and shock collars before entering.
- No children under 10 years old allowed in the off-leash area.
- Owners are liable for any damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
You can find more on DGRI's dog park projects here.