The Top Party And Sober Colleges In The US…Calvin Makes The List!
You really didn't think that Calvin would be in the "Party" school category did you? Nooooo! Calvin makes the annual list of the Top 20 party schools and “stone-cold sober” schools by the Princeton Review. Calvin was the only school from Michigan to make either side of the list.
Now I went to CMU and grew up in Kalamazoo in the shadows of WMU. So I have seen a fair share of my "End of the World" parties and Lafayette Street parties durning WMU-CMU weekends. So that no other school from Michigan didn't make either list is kind of surprising...maybe the economy and lower enrollments have hurt the party.
Here's the top 10....
1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
7. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
9. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
10. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Stone-cold sober schools
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
4. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
5. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
6. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
7. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
8. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
9. Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
10. City University of New York — Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.