There’s a Bunch of Free Outdoor Fitness Classes this Summer Around G.R.
There's still time to get that summer body you want, or just take advantage of being active outdoors and it costing you nothing!
For the sixth year in a row, the city of Grand Rapids is hosting an array of outdoor fitness classes that people can attend for free this summer. The Parks and Recreation Department collaborated with different businesses to host these free events around town. This includes yoga, Zumba, high intensity training, and even kickboxing.
The classes will begin Monday, June 7 and run every weekday through the end of August. The schedule is as follows:
Monday's June 7-August 23
- Yoga at Mulick Park: 6p-6:45 p.m.
- SoulfulMOTION (HIIT class set to Christian/inspirational music) at Garfield Park: 6:30p-7:15 p.m.
- Zumba at Rosa Parks Circle: 6:30p-7:15p
Tuesday's June 8-August 24
- POUND on the Blue Bridge: 5:30p-6:15p
- High Fitness at 555 Monroe: 6p-6:45p
- 30-min HIIT at Lookout Park: 6:15p-6:45p
- Sunset Yoga at Lookout Park: 7p-7:45p
Wednesday's June 9-August 25
- Sunrise Yoga at Indian Trails Golf Course: 6:30a-7:15 a.m.
- Barre on the Blue Bridge: 6p-6:45p
- Kickboxing at 555 Monroe Ave: 6:15p-7p
- WERQ (nonstop cardio dance class) at Richmond Pool: 7:15p-8p
Thursday's June 10-August 26
- Groove (dance) on the Blue Bridge: 6p-6:45p
- Tai Chi at Briggs Park: 7:15p-8p
- Yoga at MLK Park: 7:15p-8p
Friday's June 11-August 27
- Zumba at Roosevelt Park: 5p-5:45p
For more info you can see the full schedule and event pages on the Parks and Rec Facebook page. No registration is required for any of the classes... just show up ready to move your body!
The city's Parks & Rec Director told Grand Rapids Magazine that the outdoor fitness classes is one of the most popular things they offer.
We’re excited to provide another season full of opportunities for the community to get active outdoors in a safe way.
With all of these free classes, there's no excuse to not get outside and be active. There's a couple locations I have not been to myself so it also gives you an excuse to go somewhere new.