Three Largest Charities Are United Way, The Salvation Army and Feeding America, According to Forbes
Forbes magazine does plenty of lists tied to money, the economy and wealth.
This week, it released its list of the top 50 charities in the U.S.
The top three (based on the amount of donations received):
While these are national non-profits, they are focused on local efforts.
As Jojo said -- and wrote -- last month:
Feeding America, the West Michigan Food Bank, not only feeds the hungry in our community by supplying local food shelters, they also fill in the gaps for the working poor.
"Nearly 1,200 local organizations use Feeding America West Michigan."
So, go out and support your local charities. Here's some links to help you get started going that:
- Allegan County United Way.
- Barry County United Way.
- Feeding America West Michigan.
- Greater Ottawa County United Way.
- Heart of West Michigan United Way.
- The Salvation Army of Big Rapids and Greater Lake County.
- The Salvation Army Western Michigan Northern Indiana Division.
- United Way of the Lakeshore.
- United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties.