Tuesday Is Veterans’ Day–Vets Eat Free All Over!
This is one of the "national days" I'm really glad retailers' have embraced. Unlike "National Apple Turnover Day" and "National Garden Hose Day", Veterans's is a legitimate holiday. AND a day to recognize the sacrefices and service Vet's have made to defend our freedom.
10 years ago, very few businesses' acknowledged Veterans' Day. Now every place has some special or eal of free meal for Vets. From Brand Eating.com, here's a list of some places giving Vets' the treatment on Tuesday.
- Applebee's - Free Meal from a special menu.
- Chuck E. Cheese's - "20 free tokens upon a visit to Chuck E. Cheese's from Sunday, November 9, through Saturday, November 15. Military ID or proof of service is required, but no coupon is needed. The Veterans Day deal is available at each of the more than 500 participating Chuck E. Cheese's stores. Please see store for specific restrictions." (Craig's note--Huh?)
- Denny's - Free Build-Your-Own Grand Slam from 5 am to noon.
- IHOP - free Red, White and Blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At some locations, the Red, White and Blue pancakes will be featured as part of a free combo plate including eggs, bacon and hashed browns.
- Krispy Kreme - Free Donut and Small Coffee. No ID required.
- Olive Garden - Free Meal.
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina - Free "Create Your Own Combo" meal.
- Outback Steakhouse - Free Bloomin' Onion and beverage.
- Red Robin - Free Red's Tavern Double burger with Bottomless Steak Fries to all veterans and active duty military guests on Tuesday, Nov. 11.
- Starbucks - Free Tall Brewed Coffee.
- Texas Roadhouse - Free Lunch from a special menu.
- TGI Fridays - Free Lunch from 11 am to 2 pm.
And here's a list of local bars offering freebies to Vets.