U.P. Named Top Destination in US for Fall Foliage
Michigan's Upper Peninsula is getting national attention for its incredible fall colors.
In a USA Today 10Best poll, the U.P. has been ranked the Top Destination for Fall Foliage in all of America.
A panel of experts chose the top 20 locations, and then it was put up to a public vote.
Here's the praise for the U.P.
Just about the entire Upper Peninsula puts on a display of fall color that peaks during the last two weeks of September and the first week of October. A favorite fall experience for leaf peepers is the drive along M-26 along the shores of Lake Roland and past the trees of Copper Country State Forest."
The U.P. beat out fall destinations like the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania and the Catskills in New York.
USA Today's Top 10 for Fall Foliage in the U.S.:
- Upper Peninsula - Michigan
- Lake of the Ozarks - Missouri
- Pocono Mountains - Pennsylvania
- Door County - Wisconsin
- North Conway & the White Mountains - New Hampshire
- Fayetteville & the Ozark Mountain Region - Arkansas
- The Berkshires - Massachusetts
- The Catskills - New York
- Black Hills & Badlands - South Dakota
- Taos - New Mexico