Voting’s Now Open for West Michigan Whitecaps’ Newest Menu Item
The West Michigan Whitecaps are preparing for their 2015 season. As part of that, they’re doing a lot of things and asking for the public’s input.
Currently, they are asking for the public to vote for which new food item they should add to their menu for the coming season.
For the sixth year in a row, the Whitecaps are letting you -- the fans -- help them choose a new food item to be served up at Fifth Third Ballpark in Comstock Park for the 2015 Midwest League baseball season. You can vote for your favorite from now until March 6 at midnight.
The winner will be announced later in March.
This year’s possible additions are some of the more interesting than we’ve seen from the Whitecaps, ranging from Twinkies wrapped in cotton candy to beer-based dessert.
Here’s what you can choose from:
- Beer-a-Misu: More like Beer-a-MiYum! Take a scoop of tiramisu gelato and top it off with local Michigan craft beers and you'll be asking, "Is this a beverage or a dessert?" Either way, it will make you scream, I scream we all scream for Beer-a-Misu!
- Cheesy Does It: It's time to ditch the bun and replace it with Wisconsin's best cheese. Yes that's right, cheese as the bun! Weighing in at more than 1,000 calories, this amazing combination of cheese and hamburger will leave your taste buds begging for more as this food item defies the laws of cheese and deliciousness!
- Cotton Candy Curveball: How many bites does it take to get to the center of cotton candy? Don't take too long because there is a sweet sensational surprise waiting inside a Twinkie! It's sugar inside sugar, surrounded by more sugar. You're welcome!
- Crispy Pig Chips: Don't mention this item around Franky because he will run for the hills. All the fixings of your favorite nachos, except replace the tortilla chips with pork -- pork rinds that is. Taste this Southern delicacy just once and you will be squealing for more.
- French Fry Pizza Pie: Because, why not? We are dumping the dough and replacing it with French fries. Keep the pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and this equals the tastiest snack you will ever try.
- Hot-to-Tot: This is a bat flip and a celebration at home plate waiting to happen! Serve up these tater tots with buffalo chicken, add blue cheese, and start tater trotting around the base paths because this is a walk-off home run.
- Kat Dog: It's a lonely world without a little Kat Dog. The wait is over, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat, and put it inside a hotdog and you have a sweet double play. If Kats and dogs can live together, can't we all?
- Picnic-On-A-Stick: Hey, hey, Boo Boo. Going to have to look somewhere else for a picnic basket because this item is on a stick. Fried chicken, tater tots, and pickles are alternating on a stick before being deep fried in a cornbread batter.
- The Legend of Pickle Hollowed: You will relish this story when it's all said and done. Listen closely as you may not believe this tale of a hot dog inside a hollowed out pickle on a stick. Don't lose your head when you find out it's deep fried!
- Weenie Panini: This new Italian-American delicacy would make Joe DiMaggio proud. Imagine your favorite Panini, but only better - because there is a hot dog in it! Put your topping on this twist of America's favorite summer food and it will make you say Grazie!