West Michigan’s 2021 Fireworks Schedule
Summer of 2020 was a real dud and we ended up missing out on so many of the things that we're used to enjoying during the summer in West Michigan due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Luckily, events are starting to come back in 2021, and while some communities have decided to hold off on Fourth of July festivities this year, there are still plenty of events happening around West Michigan for you to enjoy with your friends and family.
The fireworks show in downtown Grand Rapids is returning this year along with the always popular fireworks show in Grandville. Sadly, communities like Grand Haven have opted to cancel their festivities this year (however, the Coast Guard Festival will be happening this year and will have fireworks the evening of August 7.)
Check out the list below to see when your favorite fireworks show will be taking place in Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, Ionia, Allegan and Kalamazoo Counties.
Kent County Fireworks Shows
- Caledonia - July 3 - Duncan Lake Middle School - Dusk
- Grand Rapids - July 3 - Ah-Nab-Awen Park - 10:30 p.m. Festivities at Ah-Nab-Awen park begin at 6 p.m. Entertainment lineup TBD.
- Kentwood - July 3 - Kentwood City Hall - Dusk. A full lineup of activities will happen throughout the day. A full list of the day's activities can be found on the city's website.
- East Grand Rapids - July 4 - Over Reeds Lake - Dusk
- Grandville - July 5th - Best viewing, Grandville Middle School at dark (approximately 10 pm) Info Here
Ottawa County Fireworks Shows
- Allendale - July 4 - Allendale Public Schools K-8 Campus - 10:15 p.m.
Muskegon County Fireworks Shows
- Muskegon - July 3 - Downtown - Dusk
- Whitehall - July 4 - White Lake (north end) - Dusk
Ionia County Fireworks Shows
- Ionia -
July 1 - Ionia County Fairgrounds - 10:10 p.m.CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING.
Allegan County Fireworks Shows
- Allegan - July 3 - Downtown (over the Kalamazoo River) - 10:15 p.m.
- Dorr - July 3 - Dorr Township Hall - Dusk
- Saugatuck/Douglas - July 4 - Over Kalamazoo Lake - Dusk
Kalamazoo County Fireworks Shows
- Kalamazoo - Home Striker Field - Following the Kalamazoo Growlers Game
- Alamo - Kalamazoo Speedway - Races start at 7:30 p.m.
CHECK IT OUT: The best county to live in for each state