What Will Move into All the Closed Michigan Toys ‘R’ Us Stores?
Well, besides ghosts...
(Yeah, if you missed it, check out this weirdness that was caught on video at the old 28th Street Toys "R" Us...)
According to the Wall Street Journal, Hobby Lobby Stores Inc., Burlington Stores Inc. and TJX Cos. are among the retailers looking to take over the empty stores.
Patch reports that after announcing the closure of all their stores a few months back, there are now 17 Toys "R" Us locations up for grabs across the state, with two in West Michigan.
- Southgate, 14333 Eureka Rd.
- Ann Arbor, 3725 Washtenaw Ave.
- Westland, 34800 Warren Rd.
- Livonia, 29150 W Seven Mile Rd.
- Madison Heights, 32700 John R Rd.
- Roseville, 32070 Gratiot Ave.
- Sterling Heights, 13801 Lakeside Cir.
- Pontiac, 220 N Telegraph Rd.
- Novi, 43460 W Oaks Dr.
- Auburn Hills, Great Lakes Crossing, 4526 Baldwin Rd.
- Flint, 3250 S Linden Rd, Flint.
- Birch Run, 12150 S Beyer Rd.
- Jackson, 1038 Jackson Crossing.
- Okemos, 1705 West Newman Rd.
- Saginaw, 2800 Tittabawassee Rd.
- Portage, 6207 S Westnedge Ave.
- Grand Rapids, 3445 28th St SE, Grand Rapids
Considering there are already Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, and Burlington stores on 28th Street in GR... what you like to see become of the old Toys "R" Us?
The Wall Street Journal also mentions that off-price retailers, fitness centers, and specialty grocers could be moving into the larger of the Toys "R" Us locations.