Where to Eat in Grand Rapids?
I can't begin to tell you how many times I get asked “Do you know a good place to eat in G.R.?”
Well, now I'll know where to send them!
553 awards were given out to more than 1,700 facilities that were inspected in 2014. In order to qualify for an award, facilities must meet these criteria:
- Facility was in operation during the year of review;
- Facility must have a certified food safety manager, if required, for year of review;
- No repeat violations for the two routine inspections conducted during the year of review;
- No confirmed violations of Michigan Smoke Free Law;
- No enforcement action taken against facility for year of review;
- No confirmed food borne illness outbreaks linked to facility for year of review;
- No complaints which are confirmed by inspection and determined to be a public health risk;
- Must not receive any Priority or Priority Foundation violations in the licensing year;
- Based on the type of food service (i.e. snack bar, full-service prep,) had 0-3 Core Violations.
For a complete list of the area winners click here.