Where to see Santa in Grand Rapids and West Michigan
Kids can mail their Christmas lists to the North Pole, but most don't like taking chances. Going straight to Santa is the safest way to go.
See where and when to see Santa in Grand Rapids and around West Michigan.
Besides putting kids' minds at ease, visiting Santa in person also gives mom and dad an opportunity to get cute photos of their kids sitting on Santa's lap as they quietly share their wish list with him.
Mom and dad can get photos of their kids screaming and crying because they want to get away because Santa is scary and they want to go home.
Either way works.
- Visit with Santa on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11am - 3pm and Thursdays from 6pm - 8pm.
- See Santa through 12/24 at the food court. Free to visit. Reservations and photos available for purchase. Save $5 on photos with Santa if you go before 12/9. Save 30 percent by reserving online.
- Regular hours: Monday – Saturday: Noon - 8pm, Sunday: Noon - 6pm.
- 11/26 – 12/15: 11am - 8pm
- 12/16 – 12/23: 9am – 9pm
- 12/18: 11am - 8pm
- Christmas Eve: 9am - 5pm (Break: Noon – 12:30pm)
- Photos with Santa through 12/24 at Macy's Court. Reserve a spot.
- Regular hours (will be extended): Monday to Saturday 10am - 9pm, Sunday Noon - 6pm.
- Break times (subject to change): Monday to Saturday 1pm - 2pm and 5pm - 6pm. Sundays 2pm - 2:30pm.
- Leashed domestic pet photos allowed through 12/19. Pets must enter in between Macy's and GameStop and Macy's and Su Alterations.
- 12/2: Coopersville parade at 7pm. Visit with Santa after parade until 9pm.
- 12/2: Holland Sinterklaas Eve Procession at 7pm. Photos with Santa after procession, plus cookies and hot cocoa at Holland Museum.
- 12/3: Wyoming/Kentwood, 10am - 11am. Meet with Santa at Brann’s at 4132 S. Division after the parade.
- 12/3: Ada, parade 11am. Free cookies, hot chocolate and photos with Santa after parade at fire station until 1pm.
- 12/3: Rockford, 11am - 2pm. Parade and free photos with Santa, free milk and cookies, children’s activities.
- 12/3: Lowell, 2:30pm - 4pm. See Santa and have hot cocoa and cookies at Lowell Showboat. Parade at 6pm.
- 12/3: Byron Center, 4pm - 5:30pm. Visit with Santa and reindeer before parade that starts at 5:30pm.
Christmas Tree Farms
- Horrock’s Christmas Tree/Garden Center, 1776 N. State Road (M-66), Ionia. Santa is visiting from noon – 6pm on the following dates: 12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 12/9, 12/10, 12/11, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18. Cost is $5 and includes Christmas Funhouse with bounce houses, a rock climbing wall, a pedal car track, sumo bumpers and more.
- Lenderink Christmas Tree Farm, 1410 House St NE, Belmont. See Santa on weekends from 11am - 3pm.
Other Christmas Events
- Visit with Santa, various hours through 12/24 at Deer Tracks Junction.
Saturdays December 3, 10 and 17 at 10am, noon, 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
Sundays December 4, 11 & 18 at 1pm and 3pm.
Saturday, December 24, at 10am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm.
Adults $19.00, Senior (60+) $18.00, Children (2-12) $17.00, under two years old FREE.
- Free photos with Santa at Carolyn Stich Studio, 208 College Avenue.
- Various hours through 12/24.
- Free photos with Santa on Wednesday, 12/7, in the greenhouse from 4pm - 8pm. Bring your own camera.
- Cookie decorating, food/beverage demonstrations, Christmas carolers, special sales, more.
- Free admission to see Santa in Cook Entryway.
- 12/6, 12/13 and 12/20: 5pm - 8pm.
- Free treats and photos with Santa on Thursday, 12/8, from 1pm - 4pm if you bring a non-perishable donation for Mel Trotter Ministries.
- Free photos with Santa at the plaza next to Jumpin' Java at
215 Washington Street. Donations accepted.
- Various hours 12/6 - 12/23.
- Breakfast with Santa on 12/3 at 8:30am and 10am. Limited tickets.
- 12/1, 4:30pm - 7:30pm, downtown near water fountain. Photos with Santa.
- Christmas for the Animals. 12/3, 10am - 3pm. Free admission with animal gift.
- Evening celebration on 12/2 at Rosa Parks Circle in downtown Grand Rapids. Free professional photos with Santa 5:45pm - 7:00pm.
- Multiple dates to visit with Santa and enjoy other activities.
- Horse drawn trolley rides: 12/3, 10am - 1pm.
- Santa workshop and pet night: 12/6, 6pm - 8pm.
- Santa in the Santa House: 12/10, 9am - 11am and 1pm - 3pm.
- More dates/times.
- 12/1, 5pm - 7:30pm, photos with Santa, live reindeer, free ice skating, kids crafts, hot chocolate and cookies at Walker Ice & Fitness.
- 12/10, 12/11 and 12/18 from 9am - 3pm.
- Kids $12.95, adults $26.95, kids 2 and under are free.
- Cookie decorating, crafts, movies, music, brunch, photo and more.
- Reservations recommended.