Wee Difference For August: Grand Rapids’ Student Advancement Foundation [Video]
The new school year is almost upon us again (yup, the summer went THAT fast).
School funding cuts have meant shrinking budgets for art, music, library books and enrichment trips for Grand Rapids Public School students.
That’s where the Student Advancement Foundation (SAF) steps in, filling in the gaps and making sure students have everything they need to reach their full potential. The SAF also links community resources to students looking to broaden their horizons.
Since 1993, the SAF has raised more than $8 million to support student achievement in Grand Rapids, helping them to reinforce their core beliefs:
- All children, regardless of their socioeconomic background, deserve a chance to succeed.
- Positive educational experiences are key to success later in life.
- The region’s core city cannot thrive if its public school students fail.
- Our public school system should be a source of talent and energy and contribute to the area’s economic engine.
- The community is willing and able to demonstrate support for our public school students.