West Michigan’s 10 Most Dangerous Intersections
Every year, the Michigan Auto Law Attorneys release their database of accidents at intersections from the year prior. Of the over 6,000 intersections in which accidents occurred last year, only one West Michigan intersection was in the top 20 most dangerous for Michigan.
The most dangerous intersection in West Michigan is US 131 @ Wealth St. with almost an accident every 4 days. This made the intersection the 16th most dangerous in the state and 1st in West Michigan.
As with years prior, most of the list is comprised of intersections on 28th St. or near freeway interchanges.
Below you will find the 10 most dangerous West Michigan intersections, compiled from the Michigan Auto Law Attorneys' database.
- US 131 @ Wealthy St. - 91 Accidents / 13 Injury Accidents
- 28th St. @ I 96 - 77 Accidents / 8 Injury Accidents
- 28th St. SE @ Breton Rd. SE - 73 Accidents / 18 Injury Accidents
- Burton St. SW @ US 131 - 67 Accidents / 15 Injury Accidents
- 28th St. SE @ Kalamazoo Ave SE - 65 Accidents / 16 Injury Accidents
- 44th St. SE @ S Division Ave - 64 Accidents / 21 Injury Accidents
- 28th St. SE @ East Paris Ave SE - 64 Accidents / 10 Injury Accidents
- 28th St. SE @ Eastern Ave SE - 64 Accidents / 9 Injury Accidents
- Drake Rd. @ K L Ave - 58 Accidents / 10 Injury Accidents
- Drake Rd @ Stadium Dr. - 56 Accidents / 11 Injury Accidents
If you would like to know the intersections which cause the most problems for the entire state, the Detroit Free Press has compiled their list for all of Michigan. No surprise, that almost all of the intersections on their list are from the Metro Detroit area.