ArtPrize Seven Public Vote Finalists
ArtPrize has announced the Public Vote Finalists for ArtPrize Seven.
View the full list.
377,302 votes were cast in Round 1 which is about 24,000 more than in 2014.
DeVos Place, Amway Grand and the Ford Museum have 14 of the 20 finalists. 6 venues have one finalist each. Nine artists out of the 20 finalists are from Michigan.
The Public Vote Final 20 consists of the Top 5 in four categories: 2-D, 3-D, Time-Based, and Installation.
- "As Above" at Grand Rapids Art Museum, by Judith Braun from New York City.
- "Triple Play" at Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, by Anni Crouter from Flint.
- "Michigan Petoskey Stone" at DeVos Place Convention Center, by Randall Libby from Manistee.
- "Northwood Awakening" at Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, by Loveless PhotoFiber from Frankfort.
- "In a Promised Land..." a DeVos Place Convention Center, by Shawn Michael Warren from Harvey, Illinois.
- "Greatest Generation/Beta Team/November" at Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, by Fred Cogelow from Willmar, Minnesota.
- "The Race" at DeVos Place Convention Center, by Kurt Swanson from Grand Rapids.
- "Rolling Down" at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, by Kroeze Krew from Grand Rapids.
- "Seasons" at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, by Robin Protz from New Hartford, Connecticut.
- "MAYA 7624" at Kendall College Art & Design/Fed Galleries at KCAD, by Seungmo Park from New Jersey City, New Jersey.
- "REACH and SPLASH" at Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, by Andy Sacksteder from Port Clinton, Ohio.
- "Balancing Act" at Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, by Calvin Babich from Toledo, Ohio.
- "TIME & AGAIN Grand Rapids" at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, by Midge Bolt from Pepin, Wisconsin and Doreen Gunnick from Kentwood, Michigan.
- "SENSI" at Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, by Gianluca Traina from Ventimiglia de Sicilia, Italy.
- "The Grand Rapid Tape Drawing" at TowerPinkster Architects/Engineers, by The Tape Art Crew from Providence, Rhode Island.
- "Movement" at Grand Rapids Public Museum, by Craig Merchant from Wyoming, Michigan.
- "Whisper" at 250 Monroe, by Emily Kennerk from Zionsville, Indiana.
- "BREAKTHROUGH" at DeVos Place Convention Center, by Breakthrough Team from Ada, Michigan.
- "Hometown Hero" at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, by Pamela Alderman from Grand Rapids.
- "Symphony of Gestures" at Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts, by Sara Dittrich and Benjamin Buchanan from Baltimore, Maryland.
The top three winners from 2013 Public Vote each have a chance to win again this year.
- Ann Loveless (back as part of Loveless PhotoFiber), ArtPrize 2013's $200,000 Grand Prize winner for her quilt "Sleeping Bear Dune Lakeshore."
- Anni Crouter finished second in 2013 with the $75,000 prize for her painting, "Polar Expressed."
- Andy Stacksteader took home third place with $50,000 prize in 2013 for his sculpture "Uplifting."
Robin Protz, who won $5,000 in 2013 for "Myth-or-Logic," is once again a public vote favorite at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.
In the final round voters may vote for up to 20 entries. The voting deadline is Thursday, October 8, at 11:59PM. Each category winner will receive $12,500. The overall winner will receive $200,000.