Diocese of Grand Rapids Cancelling Weekend Masses Through March
Today, the Diocese of Grand Rapids announced that all weekend Masses will be cancelled through Sunday, March 29, due to COVID-19.
The following guidelines were issued by Bishop Walkowiak this afternoon:
- Weekend Masses through Sunday, March 29 in the Diocese of Grand Rapids have been canceled.
- Churches should remain open for private prayer during normal weekend Mass times and other times as normally scheduled.
- Mass will continue to be livestreamed from the cathedral.
- Daily Masses, where less than 100 people are gathered, should continue and use guidelines from March 11.
- Visits to the sick and homebound should continue.
- Funeral Masses may be celebrated.
- Confirmation Masses through Wednesday, April 1, have been canceled and will be rescheduled.