Top 10 Excuses for Being Late to Work
The famous Career Builder "Most Outrageous Excuses for Being Late" survey is out, and they fuond 16% of employees are late for work at least once a week.
Here are most bizarre excuses, the top 10:
1) Employee said he was late because he had no intention of getting to work before 9am (his start time was 8am)
2) Employee's cat had the hiccups
3) Employee believed his commute time should count toward his work hours
4) Employee claimed a fox stole her car keys
5) Employee had to take a personal call from the state governor (turned out to be true)
6) Employee was late because of a job interview with another firm
7) Employee thought she had won the lottery (she didn't)
8 ) Employee's angry roommate cut the cord to his phone charger, so it didn't charge and his alarm didn't go off
9) Employee's leg was trapped between the subway car and the platform (turned out to be true)
10) Employee got distracted watching the Today Show.
What's your excuse?