New Fall Freeway Construction Starts Today For West Michigan
One of Michigan's great sayings is "We have two seasons here in Michigan, winter and construction.", and this Fall is no exception. Starting today, two new freeway construction projects begin in Grand Rapids and Lowell.
- Eastbound 96 is down to ONE LANE from Alpine Ave. (M-37) to the bridge over the Grand River. The construction is scheduled to start at 10 a.m., and last around-the-clock, until 3 p.m. on Thursday (September 15th.)
- In addition to the lane closures, two ramps on Eastbound 96 are CLOSED as well: The ramp from Southbound 131 to Eastbound 96 is closed, and the ramp from Eastbound 96 to Northbound 131.
- Morse Lake Ave. is CLOSED over 96, until October 31. M-DOT says 96 will have LANES BLOCKED at night, 9 PM to 6 AM.
- Starting Tuesday night, September 13: Resurfacing Division Ave. from Leonard St. to The Ford overpass. Construction at night from 9 PM to 6 AM and occasionally lanes closing from 9 AM to 3 PM, until October 31.
- Starting Wednesday, September 21: Norton Hills Rd. will be CLOSED between Norcrest Dr. and Applewood Lane, South of Seminole Rd.
As always, listen to Steve's traffic updates in the morning and Rob's in the afternoon to get home quickly and avoid construction and delays!