New Years “In Shape” Resolutions
Okay, This time of year the YMCA Fills up with people who have made their resolutions to get in shape and all of that good stuff. We’ll The Guardian has layed out some Great Ideas that can help you stay with it… Or Not:
* Stick photographs on your fridge/mirror: Does it work? NO! Putting up old photographs make you feel too miserable to work out.
* Plan ahead. Does it work? YES! If you’re busy, plan your workouts. Early mornings, lunch times or longer on the weekends, perhaps.
* Go public. Does it work? NO! Telling family and friends that you want to get fit doesn’t work because MOST PEOPLE WANT TO YOU FAIL! It makes them feel better about themselves.
* Get an exercise buddy: Does it work? YES! Rivalry with your buddy makes you work harder, plus you feel duty-bound to keep your workout date.
* Keep an exercise record: Does it work? NO! The hours you spend graphing your workout routine could be better spent…working out!
* Make it social: Does it work? YES! Join a team, it’s motivating. Plus you’ll make some new drinking buddies.
* Keep it varied: Does it work? YES! Try some new things. A new sport or a new gym, for example.
* Set goals: Does it work? Maybe. Don’t just plan on running a marathon. It won’t be fun unless you’ve accomplished smaller goals, like a 5K or 1/2 marathon. Big goals can be counter-productive.
* Get the buzz: Does it work? YES! Stick with the workout until you get an endorphin high.
* Enjoy yourself: Does it work? YES! Try new things until you find something you really enjoy.